Sunday 10 May 2009

If I am as Great as John Lennon...

...then I would claim these songs for you!

On plane
L'amour léger dans l'âme
On a tellement de chance
On saute du coq à l'âne
La tête dans les étoiles
Une chanson est un jeu alors
Faisons de notre mieux
Faisons-le savoir

-L'éclipse, Mathieu Chedid and Sean Lennon

Cause if I have to die tonight 
I'd rather be with you 
Cut the parachute before the dive 
Baby don't you cry 
You have to bring me down 
We had some fun before we hit the ground 

-Parachute, Sean Lennon

Waves don't wonder 
When you're drowning 
Under the sea 
So don't look for me 
Find her keep her lose her 
Deserts you in the end 
You were my friend 
Like your shadow 
No one knows you as well 
As I do 

-Friendly Fire, Sean Lennon

I promise to stop loving you tomorrow
Today can be your last day in my arms again
I promise to stop thinking of you constantly 
And wishing I could wake up every morning next to you
Darling yes its true
But today can we pretend it’s not too late
I promise to stop dreaming bout you
Promise to stop waiting for your calls
Cause I don’t want to care at all
But maybe just tonight we should forget about what’s right one last time
Because I promise to stop loving you tomorrow
Today will be your last day in my arms again
I promise to stop thinking of you constantly 
And wishing I could wake up every morning next to you
Darling yes it’s true
But today can we pretend it’s not too late
Today can we pretend
-Tomorrow, Sean Lennon

Akhirnya kau pun pergi
Biarkan ku disini
Ternyata kau juga tak punya hati
Di hati tak terperi
Sedih kutelan sendiri
Mau marah tapinya sama siapa?

-Oh Teganya, Tangga

I don't know why nobody told you 
how to unfold you love 
I don't know how someone controlled you 
they bought and sold you 

-When My Guitar Gently Weeps, The Beatles

So I'm waiting for this test to end 
So these lighter days can soon begin 
I'll be alone but maybe more carefree 
Like a kite that floats so effortlessly 
I was afraid to be alone 
Now I'm scared thats how I'd like to be 
All these faces none the same 
How can there be so many personalities 
So many lifeless empty hands 
So many hearts in great demand 

-November, Azure Ray

Or play the game 
existence to the end 
Of the beginning 

-Tomorrow Never Knows, The Beatles

Ten somersets he'll undertake on solid ground
'ving been some days in preparation
A splendid time is guaranteed for all

-Being for The Benefit of Mr. Kite, The Beatles

We were talking-about the love we all could share-when we find it
To try our best to hold it there-with our love
With our love-we could save the world-if they only knew.
Try to realize it's all within yourself
No-one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small

-Within You Without You, The Beatles

I read the news today oh, boy
About a lucky man who made the grade
And though the news was rather sad
Well, i just had to laugh

-A Day in The Life, The Beatles

Theres something that i cant quite explain
i'm so in love with you
you'll never take that away

and if i said a hundred times before
expect a thousand more
you never take that away

well expect me to be
calling you to see
if you're ok when i'm not around
asking if you love me
i love the way you make it sound
calling you to see
do i try too hard to make you smile
to make a smile

well i will keep calling you to see
if you're sleepin are you dreamin and
if you're dreamin are you dreamin of me
i cant believe
you actually picked...me

i thought that the world had lost its sway
(its so hard sometimes)
then i fell in love with you
(then came you)
and you took that away
(its not so difficult, the world is not so difficult)
you take away the old
show me the new
and i feel like i can fly
when i stand next to you
so what if I'm on this phone
a hundred miles from home
i take the words you gave
and send them back to you

i only want to see
if you're ok when i'm not around
asking if you love me
i love the way you make it sound
calling you to see
do i try too hard to make you smile
to make a smile

-Calling You, Blue October

Sunshine came softly through my a-window today
Could've tripped out easy a-but I've a-changed my ways
It'll take time, I know it but in a while
You're gonna be mine, I know it, we'll do it in style
'Cause I made my mind up you're going to be mine

-Sunshine Superman, The Donovan

Let's swim to the moon
Let's climb through the tide
You reach your hand to hold me
But I can't be your guide
Easy, I love you
As I watch you glide
Falling through wet forests
On our moonlight drive, baby
Moonlight drive

-Moonlight Drive, The Doors

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow

-Always Look On The Bright Side of Life, Monty Phyton

The chef prepares a special menu for your delight, oh my
Tonight you fly so high up in the vanilla sky
Your life is fine, sweet and sour
Unbearable or great
You gotta love every hour, you must appreciate
This is your time
This is your day
You've got it all
Don't blow it away
-Vanilla Sky, Paul McCartney

No comments: